SOS Hondoq News

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The fastest job ever done in Gozo

Published on www.gozonews.com by James A. Tyrrell.

When I was a lot younger than I am today I can remember hearing the song, 'The Fastest Milkman in The West' sung by the famous Benny Hill. If Benny were still alive today he would have the chance to write a new song called, 'The Fastest Painter in Gozo'.

This week someone decided to write a message to the authorities regarding the damage in Hondoq ir-Rummien. The bright orange message read 'EU MONEY IN YOUR POCKETS' and would you believe that within a few hours the message was painted over with black paint by public employees. Everyone was really surprised with the efficiency.

Don't get me wrong I am not agreeing with vandalism, however what amazes me is that when there is propaganda against the Gozitan authorities everything is done very fast to remove it. But when half the quay is lying in the sea, leaving a hole you could lose Benny's milk float in, and the seabed is covered in large boulders they couldn't care less.

If the painter who carried out this express task ever changes his job and takes up construction and repair work the island of Gozo will be a much better place for everyone. I wonder if his name is Ernie?

To vies the comments, go to http://gozonews.com/featured/the-fastest-job-ever-done-in-gozo-readers-letter/